Monday 29 December 2014

Homemade Tomato Sauce 自制蕃茄酱




Above is the picture illustration on how to make homemade tomato sauce.  I think it is a very good recipe to save into my recipe collection.  Below is the ingredient and method :

Ingredients :
Ripe tomato

Seasoning :
Vinegar
Sugar (I use brown sugar)
Salt (optional) I didn't use salt
**  Tips : Adjust the sweet and sourness base on your own preference.

Method :

  • Wash ripe tomato and cross cut it as per picture above in order can easily remove the skin later
  • Boil water in a pan.  Once boiling, stir in all ready tomato into the boiling water and keep stirring for 1-2 mins.
  • Transfer all tomato to a bowl of cold water and remove the skin of the tomato
  • Cut into small cubes and blend it
  • Transfer the tomato puree to a frying pan and keep stirring with lowest heat until the texture look thicker.  Add seasoning base on your own preference.
  • After done, transfer your homemade tomato sauce to a clean bottle.  I prefer to put all the sauce into a glass bottle.
What vinegar I use? Well, here is the picture below :

No comments:

Post a Comment