Thursday 8 January 2015

Nasi Briyani Chicken Rice




Well, I have bought a pack of nasi briyani paste in the market when I do my weekend grocery shopping last week.  Today I'm goin to use it to cook my own version of Nasi Briyani Chicken Rice for lunch of me and my husband later.  I make it into 2 separated pots for 2 adults.  So all the ingredients I make it 2 portion as per the picture illustration above.  Again, I use my SEED Electric Lunch Box SD-967 to cook it.  Here is the ingredients :

Ingredients :
Rice
Garlic
Red onion
Ginger
Red chilli (take away the seeds)
Pinch of salt
Boneless chicken 
Potato 
Nasi briyani paste

Topping :
Spring onion

Method :
  • Wash rice and add in appropriate water (ratio = 1:less than 1)
  • Marinate the chicken with nasi briyani paste.
  • Add in nasi briyani paste to the pot rice and stir well
  • Add in all ingredients to 2 separated pots as per picture illustration above
  • Steam for 1 hour
Tips :
  • To adjust the water ratio of the rice to prevent it too wet, don't add too much water first. After 30-45 mins open to check the rice texture.  If too dry, then you may add a little boiling water and let it continue cook.
  • You can ready everything earlier and put back into refridge.  1 hour earlier before your meal time, you can start to steam cook it for 1 hour.  Here is the picture below :
Well, I am sure you wish to know what paste I use.  Here is the picture of my Nasi Briyani paste.  You can buy any brand as long as is Nasi Briyani paste.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment