Tuesday 13 January 2015

Hainanese Chicken Rice 海南鸡饭




Today menu for my lunch is Hainanese Chicken Rice 海南鸡饭 as I bought a pack of hainan chicken paste when I do my grocery shopping.  I only make 1 adult portion so I use my SEED Electric Lunch Box SD-975 to cook it.  I serve my chicken rice with my favorite kimchi.

Ingredients :
Chicken (Marinated with salt)
1 tbsp Hainan chicken paste (any brand also no problem)
Ginger
Garlic
Serai

White rice

Method :
  • Wash white rice and add in appropriate water in the pot of electric lunch box.  Add in 1 tbsp of hainan chicken paste to the rice and mix till combine.  Add in serai.  Set aside.  (As per picture illustration above)
  • Ready a piece of aluminium foil, put in chicken, ginger and garlic.  (Tips : You can marinated chicken with hainan chicken paste if you want heavy taste.) Wrap it and transfer it to another pot of electric lunch box as per picture illustration above.
  • Steam for 1 hour



No comments:

Post a Comment