Friday 14 November 2014

Cheese Melting Tomato Rice




What is the most popular recipe in Facebook recently?  Yes, you are right!  It is steam tomato rice.  I've edited a bit in my version and i added my favorite ingredients as well as cheese and i named it as "Cheese Melting Tomato Rice".  I done all the steam cook recipes by using my SEED Electric Lunch Box at home. Well, above is the picture illustration how to prepare it and here is the recipe below :

Ingredients :
Mixed rice grains (Pearl rice, buckwheat, red lentils)
2 garlic cloves 
1 small red onion
Sesame oil
1 tomato 
1 dried shiitake mushroom
Baby carrot (cut into small cubes)
Half potato (cut into small cubes)
Marinated pork meat 
Cheese (I use cowhead natural cheese block)

Marinate Sauce :
Corn flour
Pinch of salt
Light soy sauce (I use liquid amino)
Dried parsley
1/2 tsp blackpepper sauce (optional)  I use Lee Kum Kee brand. 

Topping :
Dried parsley

Method :
  • In a steam pot wash mixed rice grains and soak it with hot water.  Set aside. (Ratio rice : water = 1 : less than 1)
  • Cut all the ingredients into small cubes except cheese
  • Marinated pork meat with marinate sauce
  • Transfer all the ready ingredients to the steam pot with soaked mixed rice grains, and put tomato at the middle.
  • Cut cheese into slices and top up at the tomato.  (Tips : Cross cut the top of the tomato so the cheese melt into it when steaming)
  • Lastly, top up with some dried parsley
  • Set timer to 1.5 hours and start steaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment