Wednesday 15 October 2014

Steam Chicken Fillet with Abalone Mushroom & Carrot 红萝卜鲍鱼顾蒸鸡肉丁



Today other than share my homemade food menu I would like to share with you the way I diversify the usage of my SEED Electric Lunch Boxes at home and fully utilized it.  Well, a lot of my customers ask me can they use their own ceramic steam pot to put at the lunch box to do steaming?  YES, YOU CAN!  From the picture illustration above, I use my own ceramic steam pot to put at the base of my SEED SD-966 to steam my rice at bottom tier, then I install an upper tier using my SEED SD-967 to steam my dishes at upper tier and I set it to 1.5 hours (i.e 1 and half hour) to steam together with my rice.  The dishes I use the ceramic steam pot of my SEED SD-920.  I cook longer time because I cook brown rice + grains.  You can either steam the dishes together with the rice for 1 hour and take out the dishes and let the rice continue to steam for another 30mins OR you can steam the rice first for 30mins, then install the tier and continue to steam the dishes at upper tier for another 1 hour together with the rice. 

The reason why i didn't use the mini steam pot which comes together with my SEED SD-966 is I unable to install the upper tier after put on the pot to the base, so I need to replace it with a shorter steam pot.

Well, now I'm goin to share my recipe for the menu today :

Ingredients :
Garlic
Small red onion
Carrot (cook in boiling water for 1 minutes, cut into small cubes and set aside)
Abalone mushroom (wash and cut into small pieces)
Chicken breast meat (cut into small pieces)

Rice grains (Brown rice, red lentils, buckwheat, quinoa)

Method :
  • Put all ingredients above except rice to a steam pot.
  • Wash and transfer the rice to another steam pot
  • Dishes steam for 1 hour, rice steam for 1.5 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment